- Relax and enjoy this special time with your child. Be positive and enthusiastic.
- Look at the pictures on the cover. Talk about what the picture tells you about the book.
- Point and read the Title and Author.
- Open the book and talk about the pictures on the pages and what they tell you about the print.
- Ask questions about the story while reading it. "What do you think will happen next?"
- Have your child read the book again and again and give plenty of praise!
- Book Bridges - A Book Bridges envelope will be sent home daily with a leveled book enclosed. Please have your child read the book to you and bring it back to school the following day. If you have a busy schedule, please be sure to take the time to listen to your child read for a few minutes each day.
Parent Information on Class Procedures and Discipline